Friday, September 30, 2005

Boiling mad

Every year I get caught by this. Surprise and rueful glances from my NASA colleagues about how, how surprising, we can’t pay invoices Oct, Nov, Dec.... I’ve had years where NASA $$$ stops October to March. End of financial year. New financial vehicles. Continuing resolutions. Whatever!

The worst thing is the look in the eyes of the grad students. There little faces, blank, blinking in the light. “But weren’t we good together? Why can’t you pay me? Don’t you love me anymore?”.

Now there’s a little lost cat outside my window that beens howling, all wet in the rain, for days. It runs away when we try to feed it. Forlorn. Must be a NASA sub-contractor. Suck it up kitty- we’re all in the same boat.

Is anyone surprised that this happens round the holiday season. Bah, humbug!

No comments: