Sunday, January 07, 2007

One the last day of Christmas

Attack of the killer grad students(Everybody sing now...)

On the last day of XMAS,
my students came to see,
what kind of house contained me

We meet since, before the whole academic whirlwind began again, I wanted the clan to meet and greet and eat. Most of the grad students came. Some folks showed that I haven't seen for years (Greta and Nana) Even Dan Baker shook off his jet lag and made an appearance (after this picture was taken). Very nice.

Before their arrival, I was a mite worried that my start of semester soiree would be a somewhat staid affair- that the Australian-at-a-party might be too raucous for the gentle graduate students.

It was a simple problem to solve- just add wine. Bottles and bottles and bottles of wine.

Just think- billions of years of evolution to produce the brain cells that we wiped out in a single evening.

No comments: